-Financial Management: Functions includes costs management and accurate projections/ pacing of necessary financials
-Own and manage technical projects from definition to deployment, providing full project management, creation and maintenance
of project artifacts and tracking timelines and budget.
-Understand and relate to industry trends and emerging technologies and how they can be utilized to achieve organizational and
project level objectives.
-Participate in internal projects that help educate the teams, implement best practices, and improve methodology.
-Manage office upkeep and maintenance requirements
-Monitor software development progress and keep users and upper management updated.
-Manage resource requirements and identify project dependencies.
-Manage day-to-day software development activities and keep track of open support issues.
-Lead requirements meetings that are effective and focused.
-Evaluate new technologies.
The Director will be the single point of contact for all technology needs including creative, operations, and financial
systems and core compute needs (PC, mobile, file/print, collaboration).
•Facilitate delivery across all key stakeholders. This includes creative, production operations, finance, systems,
infrastructure, and vendors; closely manage communication and expectations across the different business divisions,
functions and IT groups.
• Act as the direct liaison for any calls or technical inquiries for the operation
• Document any outages across systems providing the necessary details for operations management or engineering
to follow up where needed
• Ensure reliability of on-air schedules in a fast paced environment, maintaining a 99.999% on-air availability and
• Facilitate day of air issue resolution between all departments (including Sales, Traffic, Sports, News, Programming,
• Assist with any project management related to testing, roll-out, and implementation of new systems or procedures
• Work closely with engineering and automation teams to implement new technologies, resolve on-air issues, and
maintain minimal on-air disruption
• Work directly with the onsite engineering team to approve, organize, and test any maintenance on the on-air
• Oversight and supervision of on-air operators running live lists for broadcast as needed
● Proven track record of being action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems
and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
● Excellent understanding of channel business operations from programming to on-air presentation to promo
productions to marketing to advertising sales.
● Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
● Ability to provide adequate and meaningful business reporting.
● Able to work under pressure and manage several projects at any one time.
● Strong technical background, with extensive hands-on experience.
● Experience in a lead software developer position (or similar).
● Ability to work under little supervision as well as quickly identify issues that need to be escalated.
● Experience working in a flexible environment and under aggressive development schedules.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent understanding of internet architecture and experience with application development (web servers,
databases, web protocols)
● Experience leading technical teams in fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Experience of working on multiple projects at once
● Demonstrated ability to work well with other team members
● Solid leadership skills
● Enthusiasm for solving problems
● Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
● A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
● This position requires the ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to
support the 24x7 on-air broadcast environment
● Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production
technical systems, standards and processes.
● Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, detail oriented and motivated team player
● Experience with work rules and scheduling
● Complete other tasks as assigned by the General Manager
Green Valley Television
460 N. Arroyo Grande Blvd., Suite 209
Henderson, NV 89014