The Nevada State Seal of Biliteracy application process is coming up this October!
HENDERSON, NEV. (GVTV NEWS)- This seal is NOT just for students who are studying languages, ANYONE who can demonstrate in English and any other language can be awarded the seal.
For Seniors and Juniors who are interested, applications will be accepted starting Monday, October 11th through December 17th.
To be eligible you must:
- Complete all high school graduation requirements (seniors and juniors who graduate early)
- Complete all semesters of English with a 2.0 or higher unweighted GPA
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more languages other than English by completing one of the following options:
- An Advanced Placement (AP) World Language Exam with a score of 3 or higher
- An International Baccalaureate (IB) World Language Exam with a score of 3 or higher
- A district-approved language exam with a passing score (will be scheduled to be completed in the spring semester
If you have any questions or concerns email, Mrs. Ruth.